You will provide families, children, and adolescents with services that are both timely and suitable. Put simply, your actions will positively influence the lives of others. There are several compelling opportunities for family workers to become members of our family safeguarding teams. We welcome your application if you are seeking a collaborative and dynamic working environment that fosters camaraderie and empowerment among social workers and other professionals striving to effect meaningful change for the most vulnerable.
In Berkshire, England, the local government for Bracknell Forest is known as Bracknell Forest Council. The council office of this unitary authority is situated in the heart of the vibrant town center. Excellent transportation connections, including the M4, M3, and M25, and the adjacent South Western Railway, enable you to easily commute to work and provide complimentary parking. We also offer hybrid work arrangements in which employees divide their time between the office and their residence.
The ‘Family Safeguarding paradigm’ is a nationally recognized practice paradigm utilized by Bracknell Forest Council. A recent Ofsted inspection revealed that the service’s social work model facilitates regular, deliberate multi-agency group supervision for social workers. The exchange of information and viewpoints among professionals ensures that all parties have a comprehensive understanding of the family situation, its development, and the obstacles that hinder families from implementing the required changes. This assessment guides subsequent casework and interventions. By adopting a relational approach in all that we do, the Council places “you and your family” as its top priority, maintains manageable caseloads, and employs more than 80% of permanent staff.
Our approach is founded on Motivational Interviewing and is central to the integrated Family Safeguarding Model: collaborating with families to keep them together when it is safe. By empowering families, children, and youth, parents can make positive adjustments that benefit both themselves and their offspring. Consequently, parents are motivated to acknowledge the necessary modifications that must occur within their households to guarantee improved results for their offspring.
Details About Family Support Worker Jobs in UK:
- Location: UK
- Offered Salary: £29,500 – £34,700 / year
- Experience: 2 Year
- Gender: Both
- Qualification: Associate Degree
- Career Level: Executive
What is it like to work in our team?
- We recognize that interactions with families and children are often enjoyable but also challenging. You will have access to a comprehensive learning and development program directed by a dedicated Principal Social Worker to promote consistent, high-quality work. Peer support, resilience groups, wellness days and events, and group supervision will be incorporated into your schedule.
- Our rating from Ofsted is “outstanding.”
- “They have consistently ensured the provision of high-quality social work practice in a manner that positively impacts the experiences of children.”
- Social workers and other frontline practitioners benefit from reasonable caseloads, adequate training, and reflective and effective supervision that keeps children at the center of decision-making, according to the findings of the inspectors.
- By collaborating with our teams of seasoned social workers and family workers, you will receive support from specialists in mental health, substance abuse, and domestic violence. This will guarantee that our families are not subjected to protracted waiting periods for essential services. Everything is readily available and serves as the foundation for the planning and efforts to mitigate risks, foster family resilience, and empower families to more effectively provide for their children’s requirements. Additionally, all parties are granted access to family group conferences and engage in mediation with families. These resources aid in the decision-making process and facilitate the attainment of outcomes that are optimal for the children’s welfare.
- We conduct collaborative efforts with neighborhood voluntary organizations and statutory partners to deliver exceptional early intervention services. Facilitating families’ access to these services and support is an additional component of our daily morale objective, which is to inspire families to entrust their care for their children with confidence and security.
Our workers tell us:
- A supportive and amiable leadership and management team is present.
- Positive peer support is actively encouraged among all teams, and collaborative problem-solving is highly valued.
- They are esteemed and their development is given precedence.
- Regularly, reflective supervision of the highest caliber is provided.
Our principal objective as we progress in our COVID recovery endeavor is to ensure that our personnel thrive by establishing a solid physical and psychological groundwork that promotes safety and productivity.
You will receive support to perform the following duties, responsibilities, and training.
- You will assist in the provision of family and child services, including interventions and parenting programs.
- You will oversee, coordinate, and facilitate Family Time for children in your care and their families.
- You will work in conjunction with Adult Workers and other specialists as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- A cohort of children in need who have not been the subject of child protection investigations will fall under your supervision.
- By participating in the team duty system, you will aid social workers with time-sensitive responsibilities.
- By efficiently managing your time and setting priorities, you will ensure that all tasks, including visits and report writing, are completed punctually.
- You will be able to collaborate with your Supervisor in order to develop unambiguous objectives and tactics for both individual and group case supervision.
- You will make a valuable contribution to the education and growth of others.
We are pleased to present you with stimulating and demanding prospects that will enable you to further develop your expertise and understanding while also making valuable contributions to the continuous improvement of the support and services we offer.
Benefits of Family Support Worker Jobs in UK:
- Supporting Families in Need: Family Support Workers offer invaluable aid to families confronted with various difficulties, including but not limited to financial constraints, health complications, parental demands, or other critical circumstances. In addition to providing practical guidance and emotional support, they aid families in navigating challenging circumstances.
- Improving Parenting Skills: Family Support Workers frequently collaborate with parents in an effort to improve their parental abilities. They offer guidance, resources, and education regarding effective parenting methods, all of which contribute to a more salubrious family environment.
- Promoting Child Welfare: Family support workers are primarily concerned with advancing child welfare by ensuring the prosperity of children. To establish secure and supportive settings for children, they identify and rectify any elements that could potentially affect their well-being.
- Enhancing Family Communication: Family Support Workers facilitate the improvement of communication within families, thereby promoting harmonious relationships and enabling the resolution of conflicts. This has the potential to foster a family environment that is more harmonious and supportive.
- Facilitating Resource Connections: Family Support Workers establish connections between families and pertinent community resources, including but not limited to housing support, financial aid, healthcare services, and educational initiatives. This facilitates families’ access to the necessary support to surmount obstacles.
- Linking Families to Resources: Family Support Workers (FSWs) contribute to the prevention of family disruptions and the potential engagement of social services by proactively addressing challenges and offering comprehensive assistance. Their interventions may contribute to the resilience and stability of the family.
- Preventing Family Breakdown: Family Support Workers frequently establish a comprehensive support network for families through collaboration with other professionals, including social workers, educators, and healthcare providers. As a result of this interdisciplinary approach, families are provided with comprehensive assistance.
- Personal Fulfillment: A significant number of people derive personal fulfillment from their work as family support workers. Having the ability to positively influence the lives of children and families can be an incredibly fulfilling and gratifying experience.
- Variety in Work: Family Support Workers partake in a wide range of responsibilities, which encompass conducting assessments, creating support plans, organizing seminars, and delivering individualized assistance. Their diverse responsibilities contribute to the dynamic and engaging nature of the job.
- Contribution to Social Change: Through their efforts to resolve family-level issues, family support workers contribute to broader social change. Through the empowerment of families and the promotion of positive outcomes, they actively contribute to the construction of more robust communities.
What we are looking for:
We have been informed by the children and youth with whom we collaborate that they desire our staff to:
- Exhibit personability, enthusiasm, and amusement.
- Engage in active listening, demonstrate respect, and meet all deadlines.
- Remain punctual, approachable, and true to your word.
Thus, you will possess aptitude, enthusiasm, and dependability. You will demonstrate a commitment to enhancing children’s outcomes and exhibit traits of organization and proficiency in effectively engaging families.
Major developmental milestones, infant safety, and the life cycle will be thoroughly understood. You will also have a profound understanding of what is most effective for families and children, in addition to a strong drive to learn and advance in your field.
For a casual discussion or to pose any questions concerning this position. Please contact:
- Name: Cheryl Perry.
- Job Title: Team Manager.
- Phone Number: 01344 351796.
- Email: Cheryl.Perry@Bracknell-Forest.gov.uk.
As a Disability Confident Employer, Bracknell Forest Council collaborates with individuals who have disabilities and provides them with suitable accommodations. Kindly inform us of any modifications that may be necessary at any point throughout the recruitment procedure.
Kindly note that in keeping with the Council’s ongoing dedication to redeployment, we retain the prerogative to terminate the advertisement prior to its designated closing date in the event that an appropriate redeployee is identified.
Applications are exclusively accepted from individuals who are presently residing in the United Kingdom.
Potential benefactors in the United Kingdom may determine their suitability for the position by comparing their personal situation to the relevant qualifications.
Bracknell Forest Council: An Advocate for Gender Parity. Applications from all sectors of the community are strongly encouraged.
How to apply?
- Please apply via the provided online application link.
- Kindly note that resumes submitted without a duly completed online application will not be considered for placement.
What does a support worker do?
A support worker is a person whose daily responsibilities involve contributing to the well-being of others. They enable the independence of individuals with various physical disabilities and mental health problems while motivating them to achieve their full potential through their offering of emotional and physical support.
What qualifications do you need to be a Family support worker UK?
For family support worker positions, the following qualifications are required:
Experience working with children, adolescents, or families.
A level 3 certificate or higher in a suitable field of study, such as education, social work, counseling, youth work, or childcare.
Are support workers in demand UK?
The United Kingdom currently has a high demand for support personnel as a result of its rapidly aging population. Currently, a shortage of support personnel exists.