The university’s Examination and Graduation Office (EGO) is seeking a competent and successful examination manager (Systems, Henley Greenlands). An accomplished manager is desired to become a member of the Examinations and Graduation group. This position is for the duration of maternity leave until March 21, 2025, and is of a fixed term. This role may be classified as a secondment with the approval of your substantive line manager.
The selected individual will be responsible for offering advanced support for central assessment procedures, particularly emphasizing the administration, implementation, and advancement of operational assessment systems for Henley Greenlands programs within the Exams Team. To represent EGO’s interests in various university decision-making forums, this senior position requires exceptional communication skills and the ability to work effectively with the rest of the team.
Details About Examinations Manager Jobs in UK:
- Location: UK
- Offered Salary: £45,600 – £56,000 / year
- Experience: 5 Year
- Gender: Both
- Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
- Career Level: Manager
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical, and organizational abilities.
- Proficient in information technology, with a particular emphasis on mastery of Excel and a SITS student record system (or an equivalent system).
- Proven history of successfully redesigning processes, including the ability to identify system requirements and articulate them to others.
- Experience in personnel management
- Comprehending critical assessment procedures
- Dedication to collaboration and the ability to work effectively with peers at all hierarchical levels within the organization, including senior personnel.
Benefits of Examinations Manager Jobs in UK:
- Employment Stability: These positions are commonly found in academic establishments or governing bodies of assessments, thereby offering a comparatively steady and secure work milieu.
- Career Progression: Within the education sector, numerous examination manager positions provide avenues for professional growth, such as senior management positions or specialization in assessment methodologies.
- Contribution to Education: The oversight and impartiality of examinations are critical responsibilities of examination administrators, which constitute a significant contribution to the integrity and caliber of education in the United Kingdom.
- Diverse Duties: The occupation frequently encompasses a range of responsibilities, including but not limited to exam scheduling, exam invigilator coordination, exam material management, examination regulation compliance oversight, and stakeholder liaison; this fosters a dynamic work environment.
- Development of Skills: The examinations manager position offers prospects for the cultivation of a diverse range of competencies, including but not limited to organizational acumen, communication prowess, meticulousness, problem-solving prowess, and endurance in high-stress situations.
- Work-Life Balance: Although examination seasons may present periods of increased activity, examination supervisors generally maintain consistent working hours, which contributes to the maintenance of a healthy work-life balance.
- Contribution to Student Success: These professionals exert a sense of professional fulfillment through the efficient administration of examinations, thereby guaranteeing the fairness and accuracy of assessments and thereby contributing to the success of students.
- Opportunities for Professional Development and Networking: Examination managers frequently engage with a diverse array of individuals operating within the education sector, such as administrators, examiners, instructors, and regulatory bodies. This broad interaction can provide valuable networking prospects.
- Competitive Compensation: Salary and benefits packages for examination manager positions in the United Kingdom are generally competitive, contingent upon the employer and level of experience.
- Job Satisfaction: Individuals with a strong interest in education and administration may find the position of examinations manager to be exceptionally fulfilling. This is due to the crucial role they hold in the assessment procedure, which ultimately impacts the success of educational institutions and students.
Informal contact details:
- Contact Role: Exams Manager (Systems, Henley Greenlands).
- Contact Role: Acting Head of Examination and Graduation
- Contact Name: Danny Kidby–Hunter
- Contact Name: Kerri Austin
- Contact phone: 0118 378 7502
- Contact phone: 0118 378 5594
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact email: email@example.com
Sponsorship-seeking job applicants are encouraged to submit their applications, which will be evaluated in conjunction with all other applicants. Sponsorship may be accessible through the Skilled Worker Route, contingent upon the SOC code that is relevant to this position. Applicants must guarantee they possess the required number of points to satisfy the PBS prerequisites. The United Kingdom Visas and Immigration Website offers additional details on this subject.
The University is the preeminent LGBT+ rights organization and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. It also supports the Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, which advocate for gender equality. Part-time, job-sharing, and flexible work arrangements are highly encouraged and will be evaluated under the requirements of the organization.
How much do exam managers make in the UK?
In the United Kingdom, the mean yearly wage for an examination manager is £32,873, which is equal to £16.86 per hour.
What is the qualification for test manager?
To be eligible for the position of Test Manager, an undergraduate degree in computer science or a closely related field is essential.
How do I become a manager UK?
Bachelor’s degrees are needed for managers in all disciplines; therefore, you may choose a business administration undergraduate program or a degree in a related field. For instance, an engineering degree will increase the likelihood of obtaining a managerial position in a manufacturing company.