We are currently seeking ambitious and enthusiastic individuals to join our hospitable pharmacy technician team at our busy acute hospital. Our personnel provide an extensive range of pharmaceutical services. Applicants must be registered as pharmacy technicians with the General Pharmaceutical Council, or register within the following six months. Although not required, prior hospital pharmacy experience may be beneficial. This position is well-suited for pharmacy technicians who have recently obtained their certification.
This position offers opportunities for professional growth through in-service training and skill acquisition within a medical environment, potentially leading to the attainment of Band 5 certification. On a revolving basis, employees will be expected to attend one late night per week, one weekend every seven to twelve hours, and one bank holiday per year.
Eligible for this position are ALL technicians, including those from the community with no prior hospital experience. This presents an exceptional opportunity for you to transition into the healthcare sector and advance your pharmaceutical career.
The selected candidate will contribute to the pharmaceutical dispensary’s efficient operation by ensuring prescriptions are completed in a timely, precise, and secure manner. You will be entrusted with a diverse array of duties, including supervising, mentoring, and instructing subordinate staff, and, when applicable, carrying out accuracy-checking obligations.
Details About Visa Sponsorship Pharmacy Technician Jobs in UK:
- Company: Clara
- Location: Uk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offered Salary: £25,100 – £27,600 / year
- Experience: 3 Year
- Gender: Both
- Qualification: Associate Degree
- Career Level: Executive
Main Duties, tasks, and abilities:
Our objective as a member of an expanding staff of dedicated and exceptionally qualified personnel is to provide outstanding services with a focus on patients.
These are the responsibilities of a Band 4 pharmacy technician:
- Manage prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients
- Stock administration
- Duties about telephones and dispatch
- Provide patients with information upon request and counsel them on how to take their medications to aid in their understanding of their treatment.
- Conduct a final verification of the accuracy of products dispensed under controlled drug prescriptions and requisitions.
- Destruction of blister packets and prescriptions for discharge
- Prepare prescriptions for restricted substances
- Restocking the cabinet of emergency supplies
- Promoting the development and oversight of pre-registration technicians and other support staff
- Leading a group
- Active participation on weekends, bank holidays, and in the late evenings
Candidates must possess outstanding aptitudes in organization and time management. Responsible for a variety of dispensary-related operations and opportunities for team leadership. competent with content and specifics to work flexibly in a group context.
Possessing a nationally recognized Pharmacy Technician certification and being enrolled with the General Pharmaceutical Council or eligible to register within six months are the prerequisite qualifications.
This position not only facilitates in-service development training but also presents valuable opportunities for the development of leadership and management skills, including the potential to advance to Band 5.
Benefits of Visa Sponsorship Pharmacy Technician Jobs in UK:
- Prospects for Employment: Visa sponsorship provides non-UK citizens with the ability to secure employment as pharmacy technicians within the nation. This allows participants to acquire global professional experience and familiarity with diverse healthcare systems.
- Professional Development: Working as a pharmacy technician in the United Kingdom can be beneficial for professional development. The acquired experience may contribute to the development of pharmaceutical and healthcare practice expertise, which can be advantageous for future professional advancement.
- Cultural Exposure: The opportunity to experience a distinct culture and way of life is presented by relocating to a foreign country. This form of exposure has the potential to enhance one’s personal and professional development by promoting cultural sensitivity and flexibility.
- Networking: Working in the United Kingdom provides the opportunity to establish a professional network within the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors. Prospective collaborations, valuable connections, and future career prospects may result from networking.
- Access to the Healthcare System: Gaining access to the healthcare system in the United Kingdom offers the opportunity to gain practical knowledge of a system renowned for its rigorous criteria. Individuals who wish to augment their understanding of healthcare systems and practices may find this experience to be advantageous.
- Quality of Life: With access to a variety of amenities, cultural events, and diverse communities, the United Kingdom provides an exceptional quality of life. This can potentially enhance the quality of life for families and individuals as a whole.
- Educational Opportunities: The United Kingdom is home to esteemed academic establishments that provide prospects for ongoing education and the enhancement of one’s skill set.
- Possibility of Permanent Residency: Prospects for individuals to transition from a sponsored work visa to permanent residency may exist, contingent upon the visa category and personal circumstances. Such an advancement would enable individuals to establish a more enduring and secure living arrangement within the United Kingdom.
- We are recognized as a leading NHS Foundation Trust in the United Kingdom. Our mission is to create healthier lifestyles, and we are well aware that to accomplish this, we require exceptional employees.
- Ensuring an optimal work environment for our staff is our sacred commitment, and we are steadfast in the following:
- investing in our employees’ health and satisfaction, including a commitment to offer flexible scheduling whenever feasible;
- Offer an extensive array of training and development opportunities to our staff to support their professional and personal development objectives.
- UHB is devoted to ensuring that every employee is treated fairly and feels like an integral part of the team by cultivating an environment that is both nurturing and empathetic. This pertains to the principle of equal opportunity, which entails eliminating any barriers, and prejudice included, and ensuring that each employee achieves their maximum capabilities, accomplishes their objectives, and flourishes in the workplace. This entails more than mere verbal expression. We are now acting. Our commitment to cultivating an inclusive environment is pervasive throughout the organization, ensuring that all perspectives are esteemed and treated with dignity. At the board level, this is demonstrated through the Fairness Taskforce, a committee that is led by our CEO. We cultivate an atmosphere that encourages employees to confront instances of discrimination and to present their complete selves at work in a more courageous, considerate, and interconnected manner.
- The University Hospitals Birmingham has facilities that are free from smoking.
- Science (Grade C/4) and four additional subjects, in addition to English and mathematics (Grades B/5), comprise the GCSEs.
- GCSEs: the attainment of two additional GCSEs at Grade C/4 or higher, in addition to the satisfactory fulfillment of the Level 2 NVQ qualification (or its equivalent) in pharmacy services skills, mathematics, English, and science.
- Three A-levels, one in a pertinent science subject and one in mathematics at the B/5 level (GCSE or its equivalent).
- The minimum requirement is a B/5 (GCSE or equivalent) in mathematics, science, or the disciplines.
- Diploma at Level 3 in Pharmacy Technician Principles and Practice
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science and Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills
- or equivalent as defined by the General Pharmaceutical Council.
- GPhC Professional Registry Enrollment
- Accreditation for accurate dispensing. Comparable to the West Midland system
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Two years of pre-qualification work experience in the field of pharmacy
- Previous employment experience in a hospital or community pharmacy
- Experience providing counseling to patients in the past
- Auditing background
- An understanding of computer systems that are linked to pharmaceuticals
- Expertise in COSHH, manual labor, and occupational health and safety
- Familiarity with inventory management, supply chain, and dispensing procedures
- Knowledge of medications, adverse effects, and informational resources
- Knowledge of the SaSHM (safe and secure handling of medications) requirements
- Knowledge of stock control mechanisms
- Knowledge of the customer service and code of conduct
- The individual acknowledges the importance of delivering a service that is economical and possesses the requisite work methodologies to reduce inefficiencies.
Disclosure and Background Checks
This position is governed by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975; therefore, a Disclosure must be submitted to the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) to ensure the absence of prior criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship:
Applicants who require ongoing sponsorship as a skilled worker to work in the United Kingdom are encouraged to submit their applications; these applications will be evaluated alongside those of all other candidates. Visit the UK Visas and Immigration website for more details.
Skilled worker applicants for entry clearance into the United Kingdom were obligated to provide a criminal record certificate from each country in which they have resided continuously or cumulatively for a minimum of twelve months over the preceding ten years, effective April 6, 2017. This condition also applies to adult dependents (those who have reached the age of 18 years or older). Here, advice is accessible. Criminal background checks for candidates from abroad.
Can I work as a pharmacy technician in UK?
To qualify for registration as a pharmacy technician in the United Kingdom, one must meet the following requirements: obtain the linked or integrated skills and expertise UK qualification. Browse our list of approved pharmacy technician courses and certifications.
Is pharmacy a good job UK?
Yes, Community pharmacies are highly compensated, and community pharmacists are in high demand in the United Kingdom.
What qualifications do you need to work in a pharmacy UK?
While entry requirements are not established in advance, most employers expect proficient literacy, numeracy, and IT abilities. They might require GCSEs or a comparable credential along with applicable work experience. Prior experience in a customer service capacity would be a plus in situations where it is not explicitly stated.