At Templeton House Care Home, a hairdresser is being sought. Our recently renovated private nursing facility, situated in the picturesque coastal town of Ayr, provides nursing, dementia, and respite care of the highest caliber. If you are interested in an exceptional opportunity to become a part of a compassionate, enjoyable, and progressive organization, we encourage you to proceed with the following text.
Details About Hairdresser Jobs in UK:
- Location: UK
- Offered Salary: £10.05 – £12.00 / hour
- Experience: 3 Year
- Gender: Both
- Qualification: Certificate
- Career Level: Executive
Responsibilities of Hairdresser Jobs in UK:
Maintaining a sanitary hair salon while performing assigned duties including cutting, blow-drying, and washing the hair of clients is the responsibility of the hairdresser.
Responsible for upholding the highest standards of hygiene within the care home, the hairdresser is an indispensable member of the staff.
- Maintain optimal hygiene and operational efficiency within the salon of the nursing home.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of equipment safety. Consistent maintenance will contribute to the equipment’s cleanliness and optimal functionality.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the policies and procedures of Care Homes Scotland Ltd., and ensure that your work practices adhere to the provided instructions.
- Always ensure that strict confidentiality is maintained.
Requirements of Hairdresser Jobs in UK:
- Attend required training courses in addition to any additional training arranged by the home manager to improve your health and safety and working conditions.
- Proficiency in pertinent health and safety legislation is mandatory, alongside the execution of appropriate safety protocols (e.g., the utilization of personal protective equipment, ‘moist floor’ signs, and similar measures).
- Advocate for the adoption of secure working procedures to safeguard our inhabitants.
- Participate in COSHH training and relevant updates, and ensure that regular risk assessments are conducted and evaluated.
- Possess an extensive knowledge of fire safety awareness and the proper protocols to be adhered to in the event of a fire incident.
- Display due regard and prudence towards the personal belongings of the inhabitants.
- It is imperative to possess a comprehensive knowledge of all household chemicals and apply them strictly in adherence to the guidelines provided by the manufacturer.
Benefits of Hairdresser Jobs in UK:
- Creativity and Expression: Hairdressing is an occupation that fosters creativity and provides individuals with the opportunity to manifest their artistic aptitudes. It can be personally gratifying to serve a variety of clients and create one-of-a-kind tresses.
- Customer Interaction: Hairdressers frequently engage in intimate exchanges with their clientele, which affords them the chance to foster connections and effectuate constructive change in the lives of individuals. Develop a devoted clientele to ensure a secure and fulfilling professional trajectory.
- Diverse Professional Environments: Hairdressers may be independent contractors, spas, salons, or spas. This diversity enables experts to select a work environment that corresponds with their tastes and aesthetic preferences.
- Flexibility in Work Hours: A significant number of hairdressers benefit from flexible work hours, which facilitates a more harmonious equilibrium between their professional and personal lives. An individual may opt for freelance or part-time work, which affords them greater autonomy over their schedules.
- Opportunities for Ongoing Education: The cosmetics industry is a dynamic sector where trends and techniques are perpetually changing. Hairdressers are afforded opportunities for ongoing education and professional growth to remain abreast of the most recent trends and technologies.
- Income Potential: The earning potential of hairdressers in the United Kingdom is competitive, contingent upon a variety of factors including salon location, experience, and proficiency. Additional revenue may be generated through commissions and gratuities.
- Professional Growth: Proficient and seasoned hairdressers might be eligible to pursue career advancement opportunities, including positions as salon managers, educators, or salon proprietors. Establishing a solid portfolio and networking can provide access to new opportunities.
- Job Stability: Irrespective of economic conditions, the demand for hairdressing services generally remains stable, as individuals frequently seek out hair care and grooming services. This may ultimately contribute to job stability.
- International Opportunities: Hairdressers who possess the appropriate credentials and expertise may be granted the privilege of engaging in international projects, and participating in fashion shows, photo sessions, or competitions, thereby broadening their perspectives.
- Personal gratification: Assisting clients in attaining their optimal appearance and well-being is a source of personal gratification for numerous hairdressers. Enriching the confidence and self-esteem of a client can constitute a highly gratifying facet of the vocation.
Are hairdressers in demand UK?
The cosmetology sector is a thriving sector. Indeed, this sector has growth opportunities, specifically in Britain’s markets.
What qualifications do you need to be a hairdresser in the UK?
The most desired certification in the United Kingdom is a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ). Being successful in a Level 2 course will give you entry-level status as a Junior Stylist. In addition to experience, a Level 3 qualification is required to attain the position of Senior Stylist.
Is a Hairdresser a skilled worker UK?
A valid Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) and a job offer from a UK employer are requirements for the Skilled Worker visa. While multiple jobs fall within this classification, the unique characteristics of the skill set demanded for hairdressing and barbering may not be completely expounded upon.