We seek a highly motivated individual who can significantly contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of methodologies that have a positive influence on the research culture of the university. We endeavor to conduct exceptional research that alters our understanding of the past, present, and future of the world, fosters innovation, and addresses present and future societal issues as a research-intensive institution. By supporting researchers throughout their careers and investing in their growth, we hope to establish a culture and environment that fosters high-quality inquiry and amplifies its influence.
In conjunction with the Dean of Postgraduate Research Studies and Researcher Development and the Head of the Research & Innovation Directorate, you will develop and execute an institutional strategy with a sustained duration to enhance the research environment at Reading.
Through your leadership, specialized insight, and facilitation, you will ensure that research division action plans to enhance the research culture across disciplines are formulated and executed. By engaging with external organizations, you will have a significant impact on fostering collaborations and ensuring that our plans and initiatives are informed by industry policies, trends, and best practices.
Details About Research Culture Manager Jobs in UK:
- Location: UK
- Offered Salary: £45,600 – £56,000 / year
- Experience: 5 Year
- Gender: Both
- Qualification: Associate Degree
- Career Level: Manager
- Demonstrable experience conducting research-related tasks.
- An accomplished facilitator.
- I possess extensive experience in the development and implementation of academic initiatives.
- Able to collaborate effectively with both academic and non-academic professionals.
- Knowledge of diversity, inclusion, and equality within research-intensive organizations.
- Proficient in cultivating relationships with a wide range of stakeholders proactively.
Benefits of Research Culture Manager Jobs in UK:
- Promoting Research Excellence: The pivotal function of research culture managers is to cultivate an atmosphere favorable to the conduct of superior-quality research. Through the implementation of policies and initiatives that provide support for researchers, academic institutions enhance the overall quality of research outcomes.
- Contributing to Career Development: These positions frequently entail furnishing resources and assistance to researchers at different phases of their careers. Through the provision of mentorship programs, training opportunities, and guidance, research culture managers facilitate the career advancement and skill development of scientists.
- Advocates for Diversity and Inclusion: Research culture managers frequently participate in endeavors that seek to foster diversity and inclusion in academic settings. They foster creativity and innovation among a heterogeneous group of researchers by promoting inclusive environments and ensuring equal opportunities.
- Improving Collaboration: To address intricate research challenges, collaboration is indispensable. By establishing interdisciplinary research teams, facilitating collaboration through the creation of networking opportunities, and nurturing partnerships with external organizations, research culture managers promote cooperation.
- Enhancing Research Integrity and Ethics: It is critical for the reputation of research institutions to uphold rigorous standards of research integrity and ethics. Research Culture Managers are responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures that guarantee the ethical and honest conduct of research.
- Maximizing Research Impact: Research culture managers contribute to amplifying research’s influence by facilitating stakeholder engagement and aiding researchers in disseminating their findings. This can potentially result in progress across multiple disciplines and aid in the resolution of pressing social issues.
- Increasing Institutional Reputation: Academic communities and beyond are more likely to hold a favorable opinion of institutions that have a robust research culture. Research culture managers are instrumental in influencing and preserving this standing through the cultivation of an environment that is both encouraging and fruitful for research.
- Responding to Dynamic Trends: The research domain is characterized by perpetual change, as novel funding opportunities, methodologies, and technologies emerge. Research culture managers remain informed about these developments and adjust institutional strategies accordingly, guaranteeing that scientists have the necessary resources to achieve success.
- Personal and Professional Satisfaction: Research culture manager positions frequently provide their occupants with a sense of satisfaction derived from the knowledge that their efforts are contributing significantly to the research community. These positions enable individuals to integrate their expertise in management and administration with their enthusiasm for research.
Informal contact details Alternative informal contact information:
- Contact role: REF and Research Planning.
- Manager Contact Role: Director of Research Services
- Wanda Tejada Contact
- Name: Anne-Marie van Dodeweerd.
- Phone number: 0118 378 8820.
- Phone: 0118 378 6756.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email: email@example.com.
Applicants seeking employment in the United Kingdom who require sponsorship are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated in the same manner as all other candidates. Sponsorship may be accessible through the Skilled Worker Route, contingent upon the SOC code that is relevant to this position. Applicants must guarantee they possess the required number of points to satisfy the PBS prerequisites. The United Kingdom Visas and Immigration Website offers additional details on this subject.
The University is a significant LGBT+ rights organization and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. It also supports the Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, which advocate for gender equality. Part-time, job-sharing, and flexible work arrangements are highly encouraged and will be evaluated by the requirements of the organization.
What is a culture of research?
The behaviors, values, expectations, attitudes, and requirements of our research communities constitute research culture. It molds the professional pathways of scientists and mandates the methods employed in performing and sharing research.
What is the role of a Culture Manager?
Cultural management is the systematic method of enhancing and widening the organizational culture. The employees tasked with molding the company’s culture endeavor to create a work environment favorable to increased productivity. In addition, they attempt to boost employee morale to foster a greater sense of satisfaction and interest in their work.
Is Research manager a good job?
Research management looks to be a valuable career for many of the same reasons that operations management does: these coordinating positions are crucial for optimizing the positive impact of researchers and others.