The London Borough of Havering is in search of committed kitchen assistants to supplement our staff in a range of catering environments within the public sector, including nursing homes and schools. Those with a passion for culinary preparation and service in a community-oriented setting will find this position to be an exceptional opportunity.
Visa sponsorship is a service we are delighted to provide to eligible international applicants. In the London Borough of Havering, your responsibilities as a kitchen assistant will be to provide vital support for our kitchen operations. This encompasses tasks such as food preparation, sanitation maintenance, and meal service assistance. Individuals with a strong work ethic, efficiency, and a dedication to delivering exceptional service in the field of public sector catering would excel in this role.
Details of Urgent Kitchen Assistant Jobs in UK
- Company: London Borough of Havering
- Location: London Borough of Havering Town Hall, Main Road, Romford, RM1 3BB, Romford
- Vacancies: 3
- Salary: £12.40 an hour
- Country: UK
- No degree, certificate, or diploma
- 1 year to less than 5 years
Check Also: Skill Shortage Jobs in UK 2024 – Apply Now
Benefits of Kitchen Assistant Jobs
- Practical Experience: A kitchen assistant position offers hands-on, practical experience in a professional culinary setting. You have the opportunity to observe seasoned chefs and cooks at work and acquire invaluable knowledge regarding food preparation and culinary techniques.
- Skill Enhancement: Typical responsibilities of kitchen assistants include food preparation, washing, organization, and possibly cooking while under supervision. This enables the development of abilities such as multitasking, weapon safety, and food safety.
- An Entry Point into the Culinary Sector: It is frequently embarked upon by those who wish to establish themselves as professionals in the culinary sector. This position provides hands-on experience in kitchen operations, enabling you to assess the suitability of pursuing a culinary career.
- Work in Teams and Collaboration: Kitchen environments are highly dependent on collaborative efforts. Working near chefs, cooks, and other personnel, a kitchen assistant develops the collaboration and communication skills that are vital in an environment that operates at high speed.
- Industry Analysis: A kitchen job provides one with an understanding of how a professional culinary environment operates. You gain knowledge of kitchen hierarchy, time management, and the significance of food preparation efficiency.
- Promotion of Networking Opportunities: Positions as a kitchen assistant provide the opportunity to network with seasoned experts in the culinary industry. Networking can be advantageous for future employment prospects and industry-specific higher education.
- The qualities of adaptability and resilience: Working in the kitchen frequently necessitates multitasking, dealing with high-pressure situations, and adjusting to shifting demands. It facilitates the development of resiliency and the capacity to perform effectively under duress.
- Adaptable Timetables: Students or individuals desiring a work-life balance may find certain kitchen assistant positions to be advantageous due to their flexible work schedules, which may include part-time or shift work.
- Opportunity for Expansion: In the kitchen hierarchy, progression is frequently possible with diligence and the cultivation of aptitudes. Numerous culinary experts and chefs began their careers in entry-level kitchen positions.
- Employee Benefits: Certain kitchen assistant positions offer supplementary compensation in the form of staff meals, uniform allowances, or food and beverage discounts, thereby augmenting the value of the position.
Responsibilities of Kitchen Assistant Jobs in UK
- contributing to the meal preparation process in the presence of the executive chef.
- constantly ensuring that the kitchen and dining area are spotless and organized.
- Dishes and implements must be washed and stored appropriately.
- assisting in the administration and control of inventory.
- supervising adherence to kitchen health and safety regulations.
Requirements for Kitchen Assistant Jobs in UK
- I possess strong organizational and time management abilities.
- ability to collaborate efficiently with others.
- A fundamental understanding of food hygiene (training will be furnished).
- physical capacity to perform the responsibilities of the position.
- Visa sponsorship eligibility for applicants from outside the United Kingdom.
How to Apply for Kitchen Assistant Jobs in UK?
For further details and to apply, kindly visit the official website of the London Borough of Havering.
By accepting a kitchen assistant position with the London Borough of Havering, one becomes an integral member of a team that is committed to delivering exceptional catering services to the local community. We highly regard our personnel and are dedicated to their career development and overall welfare. New members are eagerly anticipated to be added to our team.
For More Info:
Email Your CV, and We’ll Find the Best Pathway For you: firstname.lastname@example.org
How much does a kitchen assistant get paid in the UK?
The average salary for a kitchen assistant is £114,330 per year in the United Kingdom. The average additional cash compensation for a kitchen assistant in the United Kingdom is £92,490, with a range from £13,873 to £616,607.
What qualifications do I need to be a kitchen assistant?
Basic numerical knowledge and writing skills are essential. Some employers require candidates to have a Level 1 Award in Introduction to Employment in the Hospitality Industry, a Level 1 Certificate in General Cookery, or a Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
Is being a kitchen assistant hard?
It is a tough job sometimes. It’s not uncommon that it’s up to you to clean up unpleasant messes left by customers or staff and constantly changing circumstances mean having to think on your feet.