Parker’s Tavern, an upscale restaurant bar that exudes an authentic British ambiance, along with the library, bar, and ballroom that are adjacent, serve to enhance the 192 design-led suites at the hotel.
University Arms, situated in the central area of Cambridge, is a highly sought-after destination, appealing to visitors with its contemporary elegance and captivating exploration opportunities.
Details About Executive Sous Chef Jobs in UK with Sponsorship:
- Location: UK
- Offered Salary: £36,000 – £45,000 / year
- Experience: 3 Year
- Gender: Both
- Qualification: Certificate
- Career Level: Executive
For sponsorship, eligibility is restricted to proficient chefs who are presently situated in the United Kingdom. The entirety of your sponsorship is self-funded. No accommodation allowances or employee housing are provided.
Responsibilities of Executive Sous Chef Jobs in UK with Sponsorship:
In the role of Executive Sous Chef, your primary responsibility will be to maintain our culinary prowess and guarantee the efficient operation of our kitchen. Your expertise, ingenuity, and guidance will be indispensable in aiding the Head Chef in overseeing the kitchen bridge, implementing menu modifications, and consistently delivering exceptional dishes that surpass the expectations of our clientele. In addition to the following, your duties as Executive Sous Chef will consist of the following:
- Engage in collaborative efforts with the Head Chef to conceptualize and construct novel menu items.
- You will be responsible for overseeing personnel administration and ensuring the efficient operation of the kitchen during the Head Chef’s absence.
- Assist the Head Chef with all aspects of culinary management, such as plating, cooking, food preparation, and presentation.
- It is all about fostering the best culture possible; cultivating and developing the culinary team’s skills by establishing an atmosphere that encourages them to be themselves and brings out their best qualities.
- Maintain food inventory under your supervision to optimize supply levels, reduce waste, and maintain low costs.
- Ensure a secure and hygienic working environment by adhering to all regulations on food safety and sanitation.
- Assist the front-of-house staff in maintaining coordination between the kitchen and dining area.
- Together with the chef, assign responsibilities to members of the team in each section.
- Coordinate with the Executive Chef in the oversight of food prices, inventory management, and procurement.
- We monitor food quality and consistency to ensure that every dish meets our exacting flavor, appearance, and timing criteria.
- Sustain a competitive advantage by remaining updated on developments within the industry, culinary methodologies, and innovative ingredients.
- Assume responsibility for mitigating difficult situations and notifying the Head Chef of critical concerns.
- If the Head Chef is absent, facilitate daily shift briefings for the culinary staff.
- Acknowledging and assisting in the attainment of pecuniary objectives.
- Collaborate with the Head Chef to manage work rotas efficiently so that resources meet the requirements of the business.
What Exactly Are We Looking For In You?
- A minimum of three to five years of experience as an executive sous chef in a prestigious hotel or fine dining establishment is mandatory.
- Proficient knowledge of a wide range of culinary methodologies, flavor attributes, and cuisine presentation.
- Capability to effectively manage a fast-paced culinary environment and meet deadlines through prioritization of duties.
- Proficient in communication and organization, with a strong aptitude for working harmoniously with others in a team-oriented setting.
- Proficiency in food safety and sanitation regulations, in addition to the ability to uphold rigorous standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Acquiring fluency in both written and spoken English.
- A flexible schedule, including early and late duties, weekends, and bank holidays, is required.
Benefits of Executive Sous Chef Jobs in UK with Sponsorship:
- Career Progression: The position of executive sous-chef offers a prospect for professional development. You will acquire significant leadership experience while supervising kitchen operations, staff management, and menu planning in this senior management position.
- International Work Experience: This position offers the opportunity to acquire international work experience if you are relocating to the United Kingdom from another country. It provides the opportunity to gain knowledge of various culinary traditions and hone one’s abilities in a culturally diverse environment.
- Capacity Development: The Executive Sous Chef position encompasses an extensive array of duties, such as formulation of menus, supervision of personnel, financial oversight, and assurance of product excellence. This contributes to the development of a flexible skill set that is advantageous for prospective professional endeavors.
- Opportunities for Networking: A position in high-level culinary work in the United Kingdom may afford you the chance to establish connections with other industry professionals. Constructing a robust professional network has the potential to grant access to novel prospects and alliances.
- Cultural Exposure: Working and residing in the United Kingdom can result in encounters with diverse culinary traditions and cultures. Engaging in this activity can enhance one’s knowledge of international gastronomy and facilitate the adjustment of one’s culinary approach to suit a variety of palates.
- Competitive Compensation: In the United Kingdom, executive sous chefs are generally remunerated competitively. Furthermore, certain employers may augment their offerings with supplementary benefits, including bonuses, health insurance, and retirement schemes.
- Sponsorship for Work Authorization: Employers who offer sponsorship for employment in the United Kingdom are willing to assist with work authorization. Non-residents of the United Kingdom who desire to legally work in the country must possess this.
- Personal Growth: The experience of relocating to a foreign country and assuming a demanding position can both foster personal development. It requires navigating cultural differences, adjusting to a new environment, and developing resilience.
- Quality of Life: With access to quality healthcare, education, and a variety of cultural and recreational activities, the United Kingdom provides a high standard of living. Contingent on individual inclinations, this may contribute to a positive quality of life on the whole.
Why should you work at the University Arms and Parker’s Tavern?
We aim to impart our enthusiasm for Cambridge’s rich history to our visitors in an atmosphere that is contemporary, reflective, and captivating. We delight in our work and strive to deliver an experience that is regarded as a contemporary luxury. If you have a deep affection for your city and a vocation in the hospitality sector, then employment at the University Arms would be quite gratifying.
What is the eligibility of a sous chef?
The majority of employers desire candidates for the position of sous-chef who have a bachelor’s degree in culinary science from an accredited institution. In addition to high school diplomas, applicants with significant work experience may also be considered for account. Additionally advantageous is formal culinary education in cooking and culinary management.
How many hours does a sous chef work?
Chefs usually put in around forty hours per week. Typically, sous-cuisines and other culinary staff members work on split timetables, which cover evenings and weekends.
What is the rank of executive chef?
In addition to being commonly referred to as a chief chef or master chef, the executive chef oversees the entire kitchen. This position symbolizes the apex of a chef’s profession. An executive chef supervises all culinary tasks in addition to not being exclusively engaged with cooking.