Established in 1992, Galliard Homes is the preeminent privately held property development and administration company in London, boasting a workforce exceeding 300 individuals. It is responsible for supervising commercial, residential, hotel, and mixed-use constructions in the Midlands, Home Counties, and London.
Galliard’s £4 billion real estate holdings consist of more than 6,000 residential properties and 714,088 square feet of commercial space in development. Owing to our remarkable collection of accolade-winning projects, we are ecstatic to be recognized as the preeminent real estate developer in London.
Details About Assistant Property Manager Jobs in UK:
- Location: UK
- Offered Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 / year
- Experience: 4 Year
- Gender: Both
- Qualification: Associate Degree
- Career Level: Manager
An Assistant Property Manager is an integral component of our in-house Property Management team, collaborating with the Service Charge accounts team and the larger Property Management team. This permanent position requires five days per week of attendance at our London office in Canary Wharf. The operational schedule is as follows: Monday through Thursday, 09:00 am to 05:30 pm; Friday observes a reduced schedule from 09:00 am to 05:00 pm.
As directed by the Senior Property Manager, Senior Property Manager, and Head of Department, execute a variety of property management responsibilities.
- Provide project management support for significant internal and external undertakings, including Section 20 consultations, in conjunction with pertinent surveyors or professional consultants.
- Manage emails and electronic data, and ensure that all records are current.
- Attending to inquiries via email and phone from contractors, lessees, subtenants, and other stakeholders, in addition to coordinating the dissemination of information to residents.
- Assist in conducting site visits to validate the structural integrity of the buildings.
- Ensure the prompt and accurate processing of insurance claims (in conjunction with the property management personnel).
- Ensuring consistent and precise communication requires review and approval of all customer correspondence and circulars, including newsletters.
- Coordinate cleaning, repairs, and other responsibilities (including emergency repairs) with contractors, and attend scheduled appointments.
- Maintain and update the list of authorized contractors.
- It is imperative to uphold and refine the purchase order system to guarantee that every expenditure is accompanied by a work order.
- Oversee the process of uploading compliance documents to Quooda.
- Perform routine site inspections (in adherence to safety protocols) and generate comprehensive site visit reports.
- Serve as staff and residents’ primary or secondary point of contact when they have inquiries regarding the numerous sites in the portfolio.
Prior experience working on either the client or agent side of block property management will be a prerequisite for the position of assistant property manager. They will also satisfy the requirements listed below:
- Prior experience as an assistant property manager or a comparable position is required.
- Capability to function remotely with or without a manager.
- Outstanding interpersonal and telephone abilities.
- Exceptional precision and attention to detail abilities.
- Capable of meeting deadlines while organizing and prioritizing responsibilities.
- Capacity for problem-solving.
- In terms of personal attributes, integrity, loyalty, and sociability are all included.
- Proficiency in oral communication with a diverse range of clients and internal personnel.
- AIRPM-certified or seeking AIRPM certification.
Benefits of Assistant Property Manager Jobs in UK:
- Career Growth: Progression In the Real Estate and Property Management Industry: Assistant property manager positions frequently function as precursors to more senior-level roles. Individuals can progress to positions of greater responsibility, including property manager, portfolio manager, and even upper-level management roles, as they gain experience and additional credentials.
- Varied Responsibilities: A wide range of responsibilities are generally associated with these positions; they consist of property inspections, tenant relations, coordination of maintenance, financial management, and administrative tasks. This diversity can provide opportunities to develop a broad range of skills and keep the job intriguing.
- Advantageous Learning Environments: Assistant Property Managers frequently collaborate with seasoned practitioners, including real estate agents and property managers, thereby benefiting from their specialized knowledge. In addition, they might be granted access to training programs or certifications that can augment their expertise and mastery of property management.
- Networking: Engaging in property administration provides individuals with the opportunity to network with a diverse range of industry stakeholders, such as proprietors, lessees, contractors, and suppliers. In the future, establishing and sustaining these professional relationships may prove advantageous for business connections and career prospects.
- Competitive Compensation: In the United Kingdom, assistant property managers are generally remunerated competitively. Furthermore, certain employers may augment these remuneration packages with performance-based bonuses or commission structures.
- Employment Stability: The property management services sector experiences a consistent demand due to the perpetual requirement for personnel to supervise and maintain residential complexes, commercial properties, and rental properties. This may provide those employed in the field with a sense of job security.
- Work-Life Balance: Although property management positions may occasionally require evening or weekend labor, they typically provide consistent schedules and prospects for maintaining a harmonious equilibrium between professional and personal life. Particularly appealing to those with family or personal obligations is this equilibrium.
- Contribution to Communities: Assistant property managers make a significant contribution to communities by ensuring the proper maintenance of properties and providing tenants with secure and comfortable living or working spaces. Positively impacting local communities in this manner can engender a feeling of fulfillment.
What is the role of a property assistant?
Responsible for organizing the administration of building repair and maintenance work as well as contributing to the development of a comprehensive records and systems database within the Property Department, the Property Assistant is a vital part of the Property team.
What are the top 3 skills for an assistant property manager?
Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Meticulous and extremely structured. Excellent customer service abilities. Skilled in effectively managing time and establishing priorities for duties.
Is property management a good career in UK?
A difficult but satisfying profession, it offers the chance to collaborate with a broad spectrum of properties and customers. Those who are interested in the property management field in the United Kingdom will find a range of opportunities that are both challenging and rewarding.